So we got to physio and within the first few minutes of being in Caitlin asks to go for a walk. Instead of me letting her hold my hands while she walks, we set the walker infront of her. She grabbed it and off she went! Amazing! I was grinning from ear to ear. She didn't get very far as it's much harder to push than her toy walker and it doesn't sing songs like her toy walker, nor is it colourful, so she got bored of it very quickly. She keeps putting her hands in the wrong spot, she's placing them slightly more to the front of the handles than her physio would like, so her physio told me I'll need to keep correcting that, (tho if I'm honest, I don't see what the harm is in letting her put her hands a tiny bit more forward than were the handles are.)
We got to take her walker home and already she's been out in the garden with it, trying it out.
Practicing with her walker will make her legs stronger, her balance better and will also help her become more independent.
On the move!
My little girl looks all grown up with her little walker, and as I took these pictures, my heart filled with pride. I did feel a tiny bit sad when I seen her walker, as it's just a reminder that she does need extra help, but then I look at the beaming smile on her face and I can't help but be happy.
Way to go Caitlin!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd on the grass and everything! What a big girl!!!
Way to go big girl! So cute!
ReplyDelete