The day finally arrived were my little girl got her first set of AFO's. She looked at them oddly when they were put on her feet, she was very curious by them. She tapped them, poked them, and pointed at them. I thought they were pretty cute!
Next up, we took Caitlin into town to get her fitted for her first pair of proper shoes to go over the Afo's. We went into town for 1 pair and ended up with 4! I was bracing myself for not being able to find any nice shoes that fitted over the Afo's, so when I found 4 pairs, I had to have them all! Caitlin spend most of the time in her buggy pulling up her jeans to look and stare at her new Afo's. We did get a couple of people who stared at them, probably wondering what they were, but I didn't even care, we'll just have to get used to that.
Wearing her first pair of shoes.
I have to say I had tears in my eyes, seeing her stand so strong and so tall with no help from us!
Love this photo - Caitlin thought it was funny her Daddy had jumped into the picture!
Pulling herself up to see what's in her new sand and water table :)
Checking out what way's she can play with her new splints...
Having fun with them!! (I am going to be so stuck trying to tape them all up the right way tomorrow lol)
My happy princess :)
We managed to get a video of Caitlin at her sand and water table. I'm so glad I bought it, she deserved a treat!
It has been a very special day for our family, and I am so pleased with how she has taken to these Afo's so quickly and so well. I'm so surprised how much better she can stand with them already (she's only had them on a few hours!) and I know she will continue to surprise me :)
It's been a good day!
YEAH!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!!! Yay for AFO's! Yay for FOUR pairs of shoes!! Yay for standing!!
ReplyDelete