Caitlin Rose McAuley -Steenson was delivered by C-section on 9th of December at 12.50pm weighing 7pounds 11ounces. It was a totally surreal experience. When they lifted her from me and I heard her cry, spina bifida was the last thing on my mind. The doctor held her up so I could see her before she was whisked over to the other side of the room to be assessed. Then a nurse bought her to me and let me have a cuddle! They weren't sure if I would be able to get to hold her so I was so happy that I did. David captured that moment on camera...
I could only cuddle her for a few seconds then David got a cuddle and then she had to go into an incubator. The paediatrician started to explain to me that Caitlin definitely did have spina bifida and went on about other stuff but to be honest I wasn't really listening. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She just looked so perfect.
Isn't that just the way it is though? Seems like SB is the only thing that matters when you're pregnant, but the minute they're born, meh! Nothing matters but that beautiful face. LOVE the shot of you holding her for the first time!
ReplyDelete