Caitlin

Caitlin

Wednesday, 24 August 2011

New walker!

I'm always saying how when I'm feeling down about Caitlin's progress, she surprises me.  Well, she's only went and done it again!  A few days after I lasted blogged, we went to her physiotherapy appointment and her physio thought that Caitlin was ready for a Kaye Walker!  I was surprised, she hadn't had her front walker for very long, but her physio thought it was limiting her and that a Kaye Walker would benefit her much more.  She wasn't wrong.  I was panicking because a Kaye walker goes behind Caitlin, so she doesn't have it infront of her, like she did her front walker.  So if she lost her balance, she's going to go crashing into the floor headfirst.  But, this walker has swivel wheels, which makes it much easier to turn and get around with.  I held my breath as the physio give it to Caitlin to try out and Caitlin immediately grabbed the handles and off she went.  Since then, she has come on leaps and bounds.  When she leans back on it she can lift both hands off the handles and stand by herself, she can hold on with one hand and do one of her cute little wiggly dances, she's learning to turn it, though she does get a bit too excited and goes flying with it into things!  So far, she is loving it, she isn't afraid at all.  It's helping her confidence.  She loves it that much all she says is "Wee walk?"  I even heard her asking to go for a walk in her sleep lol.  Now that's dedication.

I took a video of her with it while we were on our holidays.  It shows her getting stuck, but that's happening less and less, and everything that she is doing with it. She even shows off a new thing she's learnt, patting her leg while calling the dog Jack, to get him to come to her.  She's a smart cookie.

Enjoy!



I have lots to write about our holidays (we just got back from a couple of hours ago,) but right now I have a tired little girl to put to bed, but there is lots of new pics to come!

2 comments: