Caitlin

Caitlin

Saturday, 12 February 2011

She's full of surprises!


I just found out David knows how to post videos onto blogs so this will be the first of many :-).  Over the past week or so Caitlin has been taking steps with us helping her.  She always wants to be on her feet now!  It's quite ironic how my last post was all about how progress is so slow and then a few days after she starts to step out when she's bearing weight on her legs.  I love how she can always surprise me!  





Then she surprises me further by starting to army crawl! For months now she has been able to go backwards on her tummy and the other night she was at her Nanny and Papa's house and she really wanted one of her toys so her Daddy put it just out of her reach and for the first time she was able to use her arms to pull herself forward.  Her Daddy kept putting it back a little bit more and she ended up army crawling from one end of the room to the other!  Since then, she's been getting herself wherever she wants to go and we've had to start moving things upwards so she can't get at them!  Before this week, we could leave her sitting playing with toys and know she would still be around the same place when we came back.  Now, we can't do that because she's off like a shot!  I'm so proud of my special little girl.

We haven't managed to get any pics or video's of her army crawling yet, but here's a couple of pics of what she did during the week.

Her Aunt came up to visit and Caitlin nabbed her chocolate donut.  She was very pleased with herself.


Chillin in her ball pool, after all the hard work of throwing the balls all over the floor :-)


I've just noticed the plugs in that pic, I'll have to buy something to cover them up.  I love the fact I've to babyproof the house now!   It just goes to show, she'll learn to reach her milestones when she wants :-).

Spina bifida won't stop her.

4 comments:

  1. Look at her walking!!! Is it bad that I loved listening to your accents as much as I loved watching her move? ;) She's doing so well, how awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, she is doing amazing and is SO cute! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! That's the Northern Irish accent Jill lol, I hate listening to myself on camera, i sound like I have a awful cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at her go! Way to show off for mommy and daddy! (and the rest of the world!)
    I love how the dog is right in there too! And I'm with Jill - I love hearing the accents too!

    ReplyDelete