Caitlin

Caitlin

Thursday, 24 February 2011

Look at her go!


Finally I get a snippet of her going forwards!  Her foot gets stuck with her train at first but she soon gets going.  I thought I'd be smart and move her toys further and further away from her (I'm a mean mummy, I know) but I forgot to move the rattle that makes Tigger move.  So Caitlin grabs that to get him to bounce up and down.  I love to watch this one as she's doing great, working those legs and getting that bum up in the air and getting up onto her knees!  And of course, more dancing to the music :-)





We also went for an appointment this week, for Caitlin's DMSA scan.  The last time they tried this they had to cancel it because my daughter seems to have no veins to inject the radiation into!  So I was so glad that this time they found one tiny vein in her hand, and Caitlin was so good.  As soon as she sees a nurse she clings to me but she settled down quickly and played with a book while they searched for a vein.  After the injection Caitlin had a power nap then when we were called I was told to put her in between these two sandbags on a x-ray table to try to keep her completely still so the radiographer could take pictures.  The radiographer put Barney on to try and distract her but as soon as Barney started to sing, Caitlin started to wiggle her hips and bop her head side to side to the music.  I think she's gonna be a musical kid!

We'll be waiting at least 2weeks for the results which will tell us how her kidneys are functioning.  Next week, Caitlin is to see her orthopedic surgeon to get measured up for her splints (afo's) which are little ankle braces. I can't wait to see what she has in store for me next!

1 comment:

  1. wow....i nearly cried again today after watching wee c's video! But then i saw her dancing and had to laugh instead. I'm so proud of her. she sounded just like you when she said "mummy?" lol i friggin love her. Let me know how the orthopaedic appointment goes x

    ReplyDelete