Caitlin

Caitlin

Saturday, 26 May 2012

Fun in the sun :)

Finally...some good weather came our way!  The summer clothes were set out and I started making plans on how to make the most of the sunshine.  We went to the park were a few of Caitlin's friends from nursery happened to be.  As we walked into the park one of the little boys she knows started shouting her name, caitlin turns to me and casually says, "Oh mummy, somebody's calling for me, come on and hurry up".  I love her attitude lol.  Another little boy she knows ran over to see Hello and another picked her some flowers which Caitlin refused.  Playing hard to get already!  I always worried that with her using a walker she would be treated differently and how that would affect her.  But at the age of 2 she has so many friends already, particularly the boys!  

The sunshine continued through the week so I thought a trip to the zoo was in order!  My brother Aaron very kindly offered to come along to help us.  Thank god he did, I wouldn't have managed being 17weeks pregnant, walking up steep hills all day pushing her in her trike in the sunshine with our bags.  I joke that I'm going to need a Nanny when this baby is born with having a toddler that needs help walking & a baby, I have no idea how I'm going to manage trips out with Caitlin, the baby, buggies, walker, wheelchair when she gets ones & everything Caitlin & baby will need...but I'll figure something out!

Caitlin had a great time at the zoo.  I've said it before, when there's animals, my kid is happy.  She loved having her friends there too, Sophie & Baby Ella and her cousin Ainle.






  We were supposed to go feed the ducks on friday, but there was a very good reason why we didn't go.  Caitlin's first cousin, baby Caíden arrived into the world, so naturally we had to go visit him!


Caitlin got a bit confused, she thought Jamie-Louise still had a baby in her tummy and looked baffled when we explained the baby in her tummy was the baby her mummy was now holding.  She kept calling him her baby brother & thought he would like some of her crisps bless her.

I was knackered after the busy week (I was working in between all this - boo) but Saturday came, the sun was still shining and it would have been a shame not to make the most of it!  So I thought what would Caitlin love to do?   It was Beach Time :D




I just love hearing Caitlin squealing with delight as the waves hit her legs, laughing as she splashes in the water.  Such a waterbaby :)
She was so happy being at the seaside, full of smiles just because the wind was blowing in her face.  (It's a scone she's munching on - she was still hungry after her chocolate spread sandwiches lol)



She loved playing in the sand, she calls it the big massive sandpit lol,


  Giving her Mummy hugs,




Nothing quite beats being her Mummy :)



Even on perfect days like this, spina bifida crept in.  We didn't put her Afo's on her as we didn't want them wrecked in the water.  It was obvious how much she needs them when she didn't have them on.  She can't bear weight nearly as well as she does with them on, we had to support her much more when she was in the water.  When she was walking her little feet aren't flat on the ground, her ankles are very weak and it's really noticeable without her Afo's on.  Spina bifida also brings bowel problems & we were reminded of that when she had a blowout today (sorry if too much info) that went everywhere.  Not good when there are no toilets around!  Stupid spina bifida.  

I shouldn't let it annoy me though, we had so much fun today.  We knew it was time to go when Caitlin insisted on a blanket.  She informed us she was going for a sleep.



She tossed and turned,
 Before getting comfortable,


Needless to say she lay there for about 5 seconds before telling us it wasn't very good and she wanted her cot!  She didn't make it until we got home though, she was fast asleep within ten minutes of the journey back.

Long may the sunshine continue :)

1 comment:

  1. lovely post :) you'll do fine with your new baby when it arrives, Caitlin will snap into the big sister role and it will come to you naturally too because your a great mummy xx

    ReplyDelete