My baby girl celebrated her second birthday last Friday. She had a blast. She got tons of presents from everybody who loves her (and thats alot of people!) and she hasn't wanted to leave the house since because she wants to play with all her new toys. Me and her Daddy took her to Adventure Island which she really enjoyed, then back to our house for a tea party for Caitlin. She lapped up all the attention and was so excited that her birthday ended with her two favourite big cousins staying over. It was a special day, full of laughter and love. She went to bed a very tired but very happy 2 year old!
Some pics from the day....
Caitlin's presents from me and her Daddy,
The easel was a last minute impulse buy. She's still a bit small for it, but I figure it's a good toy for her to practise her standing, and she'll get taller!
The amazing cake. I was so pleased with this. My friend from work's mum makes cakes so I got one specially made for Caitlin with her favourite character's Peppa, George, Ben and Holly and of course the ladybug from Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom, who's called Gaston. Caitlin adores him!
With her Granny and Aunty,
My beautiful daughter, (the dog jumped infront of the camera just as I took this!)
On a side note, I had always set my mind to thinking that Caitlin would be walking independently by her second birthday. I think this was because her cousin and her friend who both have spina bifida at her level, were both walking independently by the time they were two. It hasn't happened, Caitlin has a long way to go before she's walking by herself, she still isn't able to stand by herself. But I am learning to accept that there is no set time for these things to happen and no guarantee that it will ever happen. But on her second birthday it didn't make me at all sad that she needed her walker to fly about the place. She was enjoying showing off how fast she can go with it, and I am thankful that she can do that. It could be worse, alot worse. As long as she's happy, I'm happy. Christmas is coming, Caitlin is excited, I'm excited. Her shunt has just passed the 6month mark and please god may it continue to work. Life is pretty good right now! The only niggle is that her syrinx's are causing me more worry than ever, because I'm noticing some changes with Caitlin. But that is something I don't want to dwell on at the moment, I'm recording video's, taking pictures and comparing them with how she was a few months back but we will need to decide what the next step is soon. But for now, I'm enjoying my two year old and preparing for a fabulous Christmas.
Merry Christmas to you all!






Aww happy birthday Caitlin!
ReplyDelete